Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Multiplication Factor & Frugal Transportation

Dear Diary,
I just biked home from the gym and of course I cycled there as well this morning. I've been doing this for quite some time now, since the weather has been ideal for cycling. In the winter and on really rainy & stormy days I do take the bus, but each day I cycle I end up saving myself roughly $4 for each 2 way trip. And I kind of like that. Since I generally go to the gym 3x per week, that's about $12 in savings if I cycle. I know that $2 for each bus ride is not a lot, but when you get into multiplying, it sure adds up pretty quickly. And if I end up cycling for roughly 8 months of the year, that's a savings of approximately $384 per year. You see what I'm getting at? Those $2 turn into several dollars over the course of a year! I'm not suggesting you should ride a bike or do anything like that, but I just wanted to make you aware of how spending a couple of bucks here and there really adds up. And if you find you are short on money, you might want to look into where you're spending your hard earned cash here and there and everywhere. And if you want to ride your bike, by all means go for it. It's not only frugal it's healthy too! And good health is something that's important to me. But more on that subject at a later date!
Cheers
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment