Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm Almost Always Frugal

Dear Diary,
When I began this blog just a few months ago, I called myself 'Always Frugal' but when I thought about it hard enough I realized I was setting myself up for failure by using the word 'Always' on it's own.
And that's how 'Almost Always Frugal' was born. Let's face it you can't always be frugal. Sometimes life throws curve balls at you and you don't have the time nor energy to search hi and low for coupons or go to every grocery store in town for the best deals. And sometimes there are days when tossing the laundry in the dryer instead of hanging it on a clothesline is the only way that laundry is going to happen! I know all about those days and it's really okay to have those kinds of days. (Now today on the other hand was a good day cause two loads of laundry made it out to the clothes line and it feels great to be frugal today).
But some days I don't feel like being frugal cause I'm too tired or too sick or just plain don't want to be fff... frugal! And on those days I might buy something that I really don't need but I WANT IT! And I give in to temptation. But I've come to believe that's okay cause sometimes we need to reward ourselves for all our hard work just as long as we don't blow it all in one shot. And if you're frugal most of the time hey what the heck, enjoy! And for me Dear Diary, being 'Almost Always Frugal', is what it's all about.
Thanks for listening
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment