Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Do you Price-Match?

Dear Diary,
I'm almost embarrassed to say this but just this past weekend I became a fan of price-matching. Believe it or not, as frugal as I am, I never ever price-matched before. Well I put my mind to it and did it and in the long run, saved us some time and gas money by shopping somewhere closer. Let me explain; Food Basics had Catelli Healthy Harvest Pasta on sale for 88 cents which is an awesome price, but when I looked through their flyer all I really wanted there was the pasta. And Food Basics is out of our way, but WalMart sure isn't and they price-match. So off I went to WalMart, flyer in hand, and oh by the way I also had coupons for the stuff. So yes I price-matched and used coupons for the pasta and for a free can of tuna. So in the end got 6 packages of pasta and 1 can of tuna for $1.78. Without price-matching and without the coupons, I would have paid $9.99 for my loot. Needless to say now I'm hooked! Got another pasta coupon in the mail today and 1 for toilet paper which is on sale at Metro; so gonna do some more price-matching tomorrow.
Oh and by the way my mail box has been overflowing this past week; 2 crayola prize packs, 1 envelope from Go Coupons, 1 I Love You Man prize pack and Biore Samples win.
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment