Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Frugal socks & clothing store coupons

Dear Diary,
Yesterday I decided to go through my clothes and toss out a few things I wasn't wearing. I like to do this in September cause for me September is a new beginning of sorts. While I was sorting through stuff, I realized I have a lot of identical socks. And you may wonder why I have lots of the same socks?? Well it's because of my frugal sock habits. You see for quite some time now, I've been in the habit of buying packages of socks or several pair of the same kind of socks. That way if one of the pair of socks gets holey, you only have to toss out the 1 sock instead of both because you will have several matches for it. Now if you really want to be frugal you could darn the sock but I'm not a big fan of socks Darned socks. My dm use to do this to all my holey socks when I was growing up but enough is enough.
Anyway now that I've purged a few items from my closet, it might be time to do some re-stocking lol. It just happens that while I was browsing the Internet this morning I found some great coupons that you can get if you sign up for their deals and offers; what a coincidence. ( Old Navy $10 off $50 purchase, GAP 10% any purchase, Banana Republic 20% off $125 purchase) And by the way Old Navy has some great deals on maternity, baby and toddler gear at the moment so if you're thinking what I'm thinking you might want to head to Old Navy and combine this coupon with the great sales. Not that I'm in the market for maternity wear just so you know.
Oh and here's the link to sign up for these coupons
cheers frugaldebb

1 comment:

  1. Yes no need to stitch up old socks when wool/cotton aren't being rationed...they're just not comfortable!

    ReplyDelete