Thursday, April 16, 2009

Designer Shoes on a Frugal Budget

Dear Diary,
My teenage ds has been wanting and actually needing new shoes cause they are literally falling apart and they squeak and squawk when he walks. But being the frugal lass that I am, I've been trying to put him off until I find shoes that he likes, that are on sale. Trouble is he's not so easy to please these days and the Wal-Mart shoes just don't cut it anymore. Finally gave in yesterday and went to the mall with him in search of cheap new shoes that he will actually wear. And lo and behold, his store of choice was Payless and they just happened to have a BOGO sale ( buy 1 get 1 half off) on at the moment. Thought to myself, that Payless could work and my mind raced with the thought of snagging a pair of shoes for myself. Not that I really need shoes mind you, but if there's a good deal to be had who could resist.
I digress; anyhow ended up with a pair of $39.99 Air Walk sneakers for ds and a pair of casual shoes for myself for $8.50. My shoes were regular priced at $34.99, on sale for $17 and with BOGO got them for $8.50. Woo Hoo!
frugaldebb
Oh P.S. received a Tribute win the other day; a couple of Watchmen dvds. Problem is they are Blu-Ray! Guess now I have to win a Blu-Ray player to watch them!

No comments:

Post a Comment