Friday, April 24, 2009

Frugal Clutter woes

Dear Diary,
Just the other day I talked about Frugal Clutter! Well I think it's gotten the best of me. Last year I received some free seeds ( carrot seeds from a Hellman's promo and flower seeds from a BZZ Agent Nabob promo). Well to make a long story short we stored our freebie seeds away cause it was too late to plant them when we received them. But to ensure we would remember to plant them this spring dh thought he would be smart and set up a reminder in his email about these seeds. Problem is we got the reminder but could not find where we had safely stored the seeds. We spent many a day this week searching for our precious seeds and it was driving us crazy. Had we not set up this email reminder we would have totally forgotten about these seeds. But now we were reminded and now we had to find them! Few tins and boxes were left unturned and I think we sort of gave up on the seeds; there was mention that we would probably find them when we moved out. Anyhow dh was doing something totally unrelated the other day and suddenly he dropped a box on my desk with guess what?? Yes the seeds! Hallelujah now I can sleep again and not dream about searching for seeds!
Next year when we put a reminder in an email we'll also include the location as well!
exhausted from searching for seeds
frugaldebb

2 comments:

  1. That has happened to me many times with many different items being misplaced. I even bought some flower seeds from Dollarama last month (3/$1)...and you guessed it I can't remember where I put them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they are tucked away in a safe place and you will find them when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete