Thursday, April 23, 2009

Frugal Clutter

Dear Diary,
It's been quiet in this Frugal World of mine so I've been taking some time to get rid of some Frugal Clutter. Don't know if it's just me or if all Frugallers are like this, but anyhow I tend to hoard or store things in excess just in case I might need them in the future. And that even includes emails; think I had close to 2000 the other day. So I've been spending some time cleaning and organizing my email and now I'm down to under 200. Hope I can keep it this way.

On another note I did get some pretty good deals last weekend at Shopper's Drug Mart and what was really great was that I was able to snag 15 times the Optimum points by spending $50. And believe it or not the $50 I spent was pretty much stuff we needed and almost everything was on sale. Here's a rundown on what I bought: 1 eggs, 4milk, 4Life Brand spring water, 2 Dawn dish soap, 2 packages of Claritin and Life Brand Potato Crisps. Everything except the potato crisps were on sale and I used $8 in coupons on the Claritin and Dawn Dish Soap. So in the end I got the 325ml Dawn dish soaps for 38 cents WOO HOO!

And now getting back to stocking up and hoarding, I now have several case of bottled water stored in my home. And as far as bottled water goes we only use it when we travel in the car (cause I know it's not the best for this wonderful world we live in). So I think I'm good for awhile. Talk about Frugal Clutter but have to admit I can't help myself. I need to go to Frugallers Anonymous I think!
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment