Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What Do you Recycle or Reuse?

Dear Diary,
This whole new garbage limitation got me thinking... about all the stuff I recycle and reuse. But where do I begin to tell the story?...
I reuse and recycle:
inner milk bags just once mind you for freezer storage instead of zipper type bags
outer milk bags for dog waste
cereal bags to separate steaks & burgers and occasionally to place homemade cookies on but not too often cause I don't bake much (i never buy wax paper)
ziploc baggies; wash them and reuse them until they rip
paper grocery bags for mini green cart bin liner and to store meat cut offs in freezer until garbage day
plastic grocery bags for inside and outside garbage
large water bottles from our water cooler to collect rain water for plants in the winter and to make large ice blocks for our cooler and freezer when it is running on empty
junk mail envelopes for grocery lists and to send money for school fundraisers, lunches etc...

And here's a few things I don't buy or hardly buy and I'll tell you why:
paper towels as I use washable cloths and J-cloths instead
paper tissues; we use hankies most of the time but always have paper tissues on hand for guests
paper napkins; use washable cloth ones instead
wax paper cause as I said before I use inner cereal bags
fabric softener cause we really don't need it
many household cleaners cause I mostly use dish soap, baking soda and vinegar and believe it or not we're still all alive and kicking
dear diary I know there's more but my bed beckons me; I'm sure you can come up with a few ideas of your own???
good night
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment