Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ikea Shopping & Baggie Drying Rack


Dear Diary,
Went to Ikea yesterday cause I just had to use my $20 coupon that I got when we bought our Christmas tree in December. I know I know I had to spend $75 at Ikea in order to get my $20 back that I spent on my Christmas tree, but there are always things I need at Ikea especially this time of year. And the stuff I bought is all useful stuff; like a new curtain for our new patio door (which is coming soon) to replace the blinds which have hung on the old door for 20 plus years, so time for a change ; 1 pack of plastic clothespins, one can never have enough clothespins; 2 packs of halogen light bulbs for an Ikea fixture, 1 garlic press cause we broke ours just before Christmas and by the way we eat lots of garlic,keeps the vampires away you know; 1 cheese grater cause 17 year old teenage ds is stocking up on supplies for when he moves out lol and 1 Octopus drying rack which I simply love and might consider buying more.
So in total before taxes I spent $77.69 (needed to spend $75 to get the $20 back) and basically got our Christmas tree for free and got lots of useful stuff.
Anyhow going back to my drying rack; it was on sale for $3.99 and when I bought it I was considering using it outdoors on my clothesline to hang small laundry items. But when I came home I realized I could use it to hang dry my baggies indoors as well. I've always had a problem with how to dry my never ending baggie supply and now I resolved it ; gotta love it! Might just go back to Ikea and get another. ( I know you can probably get these cheaper at a dollar store but I'm in love with my Octopus one and bottom line is if I like it I'm probably gonna use it. But I'm sure you get the drift. By the way they had green ones as well as the blue ones.
frugaldebb
P.S And no I didn't make it to Old Navy this weekend but to be honest I really didn't need anything; got my upcoming birthday gifts covered thanks to winnings & gift card wins and Boxing Week sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment