Thursday, March 12, 2009

Frugal Eating

Dear Diary,
From my entry title, you're probably thinking I'm going to write about how I can help you save money on groceries.
Well you're wrong, sort of... let me explain.
Since the beginning of Lent, I've given up eating foods such as chocolate, cookies, ice cream, cake; pretty much anything sweet. And it has been going pretty well. Actually the more time that passes the less I crave these foods.
But the thing is, I've been having these dreams of eating decadent and rich sweet treats just about every night. One night it was Belgian chocolates, another night sweet sticky buns and last night Belgian Chocolate Fondue. These dreams have been so realistic that I actually feel like I have eaten these foods without really having eaten them. Upon coming out of my dream, I have a sense of guilt for having indulged and not following through with my commitment, but that moment of guilt is very brief.
So in a sense I've been having my cake and eating it too! All the pleasures of indulging without the consequences of calories and costs etc etc. Pretty frugal eating isn't it??
But I'm not suggesting you eat this way; having dreams like mine are probably pretty slim.
On another note there is a way to save on groceries and that is through the use of coupons. One of my favourite sites to get grocery coupons is save.ca It is a great source for coupons; you pick the ones you want and they send them to you in a timely manner. At this particular site you can get food coupons as well as non-food item coupons. Sometime when a new product is being introduced to the market, they offer a free product coupon. And if you combine these coupons with in store sales you can get some pretty amazing deals. Need I say more.
good night
frugaldebb

1 comment: