Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Year in the Frugal Life

Dear Diary,
This past Friday was an anniversary of sorts; it was a year ago on that day that I left my job and haven't worked in a paid position since. Although you may think this anniversary is not worth celebrating, this year has been celebratory in other ways. It's been a year of learning to be even more frugal if that's even possible lol. It's been a year of using the Internet to increase my frugal capabilities and learning invaluable frugal ideas from others. And I thought I knew all there was to know on being frugal. Dear Diary, man was I ever naive!
Dear Diary, this past year I have come to celebrate more of the little things in life like visiting my favourite frugal sites on a daily basis; frugalshopper of course and getting the mail. Who thought one could get so excited about getting the mail and anticipating what the Postie might bring me today??
Well the reason I get so excited when Mr. PostMan comes, is because he brings me lots of free things which I have ordered over the Internet. In fact, just the other day he brought me a free coupon for an Uncle Burger at A&W, 2 magazines which were pretty much free; Glow and Canadian Home and Country, plus grocery coupons including a free product coupon for Pledge MultiSurface Cleaner and best of all 10 free product coupons for Herbal Essences Hydralicious from Matchstick. I can hardly wait to try this product and share some coupons with my friends & family.
Oh and I almost forgot, he also brought me some shoe/boot cleaning product from a NikWax instant win contest. And this product came just in time for me to clean up our winter boots and hopefully store them away for another year.
Mr. Postman I can hardly wait for Monday.
ta ta for now
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment