Sunday, March 8, 2009

Highlights of The Week

Dear Diary,
I have been pretty frugal all week so please forgive me if I wasn't too frugal on Saturday.
What happened on Saturday you may ask???
Well I went to the Princess of Wales theater in Toronto to see The Sound of Music; so that wasn't exactly a frugal thing to do now was it?
While it was by no means a frugal thing to do it was a Christmas gift so I didn't exactly have to pay for it.
Although my dh paid for the tickets, I guess I ultimately did too but my point is... it's o.k. to do some not so frugal things.
You just have to figure out what you really want to do and splurge on those things that you want most in life. You might have to give something up along the way but if you really know what you want it's worth it in the end.
And was it worth it you bet it was! And in this gloomy economy I bet you can get your hands on some cheaper tickets to see the show. I would highly recommend it! It's a real pick-me-up!
On another note, the past couple of weeks have been good to me.
After a contesting dry spell; I managed to win 4 small contests; 1 Lou Lou Beauty Lottery Win of Hair Care products, 1 Yummy Mummy Win of fitness dvd's, 1 Viewer's Choice Win of a T-shirt and a winter hat and 1 Family Channel Win of a Kids Prize Pack.
Here's to next week; can't wait for what's in-store for me.
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment