Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Frugal Shopping with a teenage son

Dear Diary,
I am thinking that today might not be such a frugal day. You see my teenage ds wants to go to the mall shopping for clothes and I'm am going along because I hold the credit cards.
It was so much easier when my ds used to allow me to buy clothes for him and he would find that pretty much anything from Wal-Mart to thrift store and garage sale finds was acceptable. But I'm sad to say those days are gone.
Now only expensive brand names like American Eagle, and Aeropostale are considered acceptable.
What is a mother to do??
Well I spent the morning doing some research online and was able to find a coupon for Aeropostale although the coupon offer doesn't begin until Thursday. It is a pretty good coupon though at 30 per cent off! My ds insists on shopping today so I guess we have a couple of options: find the clothes he likes and go back on Thursday to buy them with the coupon or see if they will take the coupon today. I'm also hoping we might snag a few great deals in the clearance section and since the coupon does not apply to clearance we could get all he needs today.
On a more frugal note, we are walking to the mall and saving the expense of bus money since it is such a nice day. That is if my ds will walk with me!
Well a shopping I do go; wish me luck!
frugaldebb

1 comment:

  1. And DH had to pick them up... best to separate them..love shopping with teenagers

    ReplyDelete