Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Awesome Mail Day & Ontario Place

Dear Diary,
I forgot to tell you about my awesome mail day last Friday. First of all a courier brought my Ontario Place win which include the tickets and vouchers but to my surprise fleece hoodies for the 4 of us as well as baseball caps. And then a little later Canada Post delivered a $10 WalMart gift card for doing a follow-up study for Carleton University. Oh and I really love gift cards.

On another note, have to tell you about our trip to Ontario Place. The weather was cool but there was hardly a cloud in the sky. The teenage kids found it a little boring cause there was not all that much for them to do there. Had it been warmer, they would have spent a lot of time on the water slides, bumper boats and pedal boats, but it was a bit cool for all of that. We did end up playing both mini golf courses, went to the Dino simulator, saw a couple of movies and the kids went on the Wilderness Adventure ride. Oh and by the way the movie ' Hurricane on the Bayou' was excellent and I highly recommend it. The Dinosaur movie was o.k. but definitely not for little kids or young ones who easily get frightened by loud noises or dinosaurs roaring in their faces.
We spent a fair amount of time eating at the Marina Grill ( a sit down restaurant in the park) cause we had vouchers for both lunch and supper so today I won't be eating as much. Good thing I went to the gym before our trip yesterday. All in all, a pretty frugal day since our only cost was parking, gratuities and alchohol.
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment