Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birthdays can be frugal

Dear Diary,
Today I attended a birthday party for a three year old nephew. So yes a birthday gift was in order cause you can't attend a birthday party empty handed.
I know I'm frugal but you can't call me cheap!
So anyhow ds who just got his driver's license agreed to take me to the mall to search for something to add to my birthday gift. Only condition was that he went his way and I went my way. No problemo!
Searched my favourite haunts for kids wear; Children's Place, Old Navy and finally Please Mum; but nothing suited my taste or budget. Finally as a last resort thought I would check out Gymboree; mind you I have never bought anything there before and really wasn't expecting to find something there this time around. Don't get me wrong; I don't have a problem with this place. The outfits are absolutely adorable and if I had little kiddies right now I would dream of dressing them up in the latest Gymboree fashions. But like I said that would be in my dreams. Anyhow entering the store with high expectations of coming out empty handed, my eye caught sight of a huge clearance rack of clothing with a sign above it stating an additional 20 per cent off of any clearance item. After checking the prices of a few items on the rack and doing the math and confirming with a store employee that the 20 per cent off was indeed on top of the already reduced prices, I was ready to make a kill. And I did but I can't tell you what I spent cause you just can't disclose the price of a gift now can you? Anyway I bought this adorable blue and white checked long-sleeved shirt which was regularly priced at $33.
Lesson learned is that sometimes you just have to think outside of the box! And I just love it when I get quality stuff for less.
And that's not cheap but just plain frugal
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment