Sunday, May 31, 2009

Recycling Garden Pots & Flats & Things


Dear Diary,
I don't know about you but every year after gardening season, we end up with a bunch of plant pots, flats and other gardening pots that we keep and store because we have no idea what to do with them. Our recycling program doesn't take them and I just don't feel right about tossing them in the trash. So needless to say, plant pots and flats and other gardening pots have been sitting around collecting dust and creating clutter.
Thankfully, I just happened to learn that there is a store that takes back your empty plant containers and flats etc and grinds them up and recycles them. And if you return a minimum of 25 of them they will give you a $5 coupon towards a garden centre purchase. I imagine you can only return them as long as the garden centre remains open, so I would get there before the garden centre closes for the season.
So I bet you can guess where we headed with our garden pots! Oh and by the way, they even took stuff that we didn't purchase there.
Gotta Love it when you can combine frugality with being good to the environment!
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment