Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Frugal Finds


Dear Diary,
Have I ever told you how much I Love picking things up at the curb side and turning them into treasures?? I've been doing this for quite some time now long before I was Almost Always Frugal. If I glance around my home, there are many items that were rescued and saved from their ultimate death in the dump. I love it all; the hunt, the find and the rescue! And you know what it's not only frugality that motivates me; it's the thought of saving something from going to the trash. I hate it when I see good stuff going out to the trash. What a waste! Our world would be in a much better state if we tossed out less stuff.
Anyhow moving on, I want to tell you about this old sewing cabinet thingy that I rescued from the trash when I was walking home from the Y one day. I spotted it and just had to bring it home up the Mountain stairs. It wasn't pretty but I could see beyond that. I knew somewhere, somehow I could re-purpose it and I did with dh's help. I always get him involved somehow. I wish I had taken some before photos but that was before I thought of writing about it so I didn't. Well anyhow now my ugly little sewing cabinet thingy is now my pretty coupon storage container. It did cost me a can of spray paint and some elbow grease to sand it and clean it up but hey I saved it and that's what counts!
They say one man's trash is another woman's treasure!
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment