Friday, May 1, 2009

Frugal Friday Rant

Dear Diary,
For the past couple of weeks I've been volunteering my time by leading a fitness class at my local gym. My last class was today as the regular leader returns next week and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Have to admit though the stress of doing the class zapped my energy level and kept me out of the shopping malls. So all in all I've managed to be pretty frugal without even trying.
But I really didn't need to shop anyway cause I'm the kind of shopper who stocks up when items are on sale or there is a great deal to be had. You can call me crazy but there are some items I will simply not purchase unless it is on sale or unless I have a great coupon or a combination of the two.
So yes I have a stockpile and here's a few things I have plenty of: toilet paper, Q-tips, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, dish soap, hand soap, liquid hand soap, toothpaste, pasta, bottled water for car trips, pop, juice, canned soups, packaged soup, shampoo & conditioner, shaving cream, kleenex, shavers and refill blades, tin foil, plastic wrap, cleaning supplies, hand & body lotion, travel size beauty supplies and the list goes on and on... But if you noticed, I tend to stock up on stuff that has a long shelf life; cause if your stuff spoils it defeats the whole purpose.

On another note I just have to tell you about the goodies I got in the mail this week. Received a Bluewater freezer shopping bag for sending in upc's and a Homemaker's mag for also sending in upc's plus a minimal payment. Also got a Hotel for Dogs prize pack win from Family Channel. Oh and also Dear Diary my ds won an Ipod which he is giving to me cause he just got one so I'm excited about that. This will be great for downloading audio books from the local library and listening to them while working out at the gym. Just recently found out that my local library has e-books to download. Perhaps your local library offers this as well??
frugaldebb

No comments:

Post a Comment